Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wel, look at me, all old an' stuff, La-Dee-Dah!

So yeah, I'm 21 now....well, as of yesterday the 29th of January anyways. Yay woop-woop and all the rest, now go back to y'newspapers. 21 ain't such a big deal, just another year, nothing really happens, although the traditional (at least here in Australia) hype of turning 21 is considered the norm. Trust me, apart from the moment when I woke up yesterday and said to myself "hey, wow, I'm old now" (which makes no sense at all, I mean, I was only 8 hours older than when I'd gone to sleep), there was not much excitement, no party lights in my head, no great, ecstatic feeling. Just another birthday, kinda fun to have some extra attention, but otherwise....nup.

I went for a run late in the morning, although it felt early because of all the rain. I ran up into the hills behind uni, which was cool, I haven't run up there since before my last injury, about one and a half years ago. I decided as I was running that I'm going to have to do a video of going up there, it's very scenic to say the least.

Oh yeah, and I worked five hours today, so that was fun. I tried to get away with no-one at work knowing it was my b'day until one particular workmate (who knew, oh yeah, they knew) came in and not only spilt the beans to the others, but also to the customers via the P.A system haha, and I only had an hour to go too, so close!

From there, Leonie took me straight to my 'surprise' party (three people attending had already told me about it), which was really nice. I had a great time, family and some friends, and some awesome presents. One thing which bothered me was that I kept calling everyone 'dude', which is kinda unlike me.....who says dude anyway?! But anyway, I digress. Nick, my mate, got me some excellent books, one on the subject of life and linguistics in the Amazonian jungle, one on international Couch-Surfing (a cheap and very interesting way to travel as a tourist), and, of course, "Learning Japanese for Dummies", a 3 cd set with booklet supplement. I found these three presents extremely relevant to me, so Kudos Nick! ^_^ Thanks....dude! (argh, see? see? annoying!).
Mike, my big sis's fiancee, got me a golf simulation green (a long strip of artificial green with hole, slope and hazards included), and a really flash putter :) Thanks Mike!


Me demonstrating how NOT to hold a putter


Flo, my big sister, made me (upon request) a HUGE chocolate multi-layered cake, full of chocolate mousse, cream, chocolate icing, and topped with cherries :D:D:D Thanks Floooooooooo!


Flo's cake, YUMMMMMMM


Mum, Annie and Greg put on this massive, fabulous dinner which I just couldn't do justice (sorry guys), and gave me an egg-cooker-thingy, which is cool cos the hens are now laying 3-4 eggs each day, yummmmmmm fresh eggs! Mum also made me a cake, and it had my name on the top, written in whole almonds, yum almonds! Thanks Mum :):):):):)!


Mum's cake, SWEEEEET


Campo gave me a fishing magazine and an issue of the "Gold Mining Journal", which is good, because, um, fishing and mining gold are my favourite pastimes? Haha, but yeah I can appreciate the effort :) and every party has to have that guy who will inevitably, at some point, come up to you and say through giggles "hey, pull my finger" and guess what, I always pull it (that's what he said), just to see if something different happens this time :S. Ta muchly Campo!


both cakes, AWESOOOME


Dad couldn't make the dinner, but he gave me an electric-powered frypan and mini-electric frypan, which is cool because I have been wanting one of them for ages (our stovetop doesn't work except for one ring, and the oven doesn't work either lol). He is also going to give me something that he promised me about12 years ago. Not gonna tell you what it is, but when he gives it to me, I'll take a pic and post it on here k? ^_^
Oh yeah, and Mike, Flo, Greg and Mum, and maybe Fred too, I'm not sure because it was a surprise, made me a '21st' slideshow. ^_^ Feels nice to be treated specially to something like that, even though some of the pics were embarrassing shots of me hahahahahahahaha. Thanks so much everyone :)!
And of course Leonie was there too, looking pretty as a picture and all made up. She got me a novelty-sized card in the sahpe of a key which everyone at the dinner signed, which was uber-cool and nice of them (and of course nice of Leonie for getting it!). She also got me a groceries voucher WOOOOOOO FREE GROCERIES!!! I love practical gifts! Alot haha! :) thanks for making my day extra cool-tastic Leonie! ^_^

In other, I suppose less momentous news, today I found ANOTHER double-yolker in the egg batch. A double yolker, as it's name suggests, is ONE egg with TWO yolks in it. Fred took a video of me cracking it open, but I'm not gonna put a vid of that on youtube, unless it's part of a bigger vlog about something else as well haha.

Also in todays headlines, I enrolled in my fourth subject for this coming semester, after much umming and ahhhhing over which one to choose. I have now chosen Foundation Japanese 1, and introductory Archeology subject, an indiginous Australian anthropological subject, and then one I enrolled in today is called Anthropology of Violence. All sound at least passable, and some sound great fun :) so hurry up uni, get here quick, I'm a-wastin time here! What's the name of my Blog? That gives you some idea of what I mean.

So ja, that was my 21st birthday, boring to some it may sound, but just how I wanted it to be ^_^. Thanks to all those involved in the planning of the dinner, and thanks to anyone who wished me a happy birthday.

My next Youtube vid will be about the hills behind the uni, as I have until Tuesday off work and will be bored stiff haha.

Until next time, remember to keep an eye on your towel ok? :)

No comments: