Thursday, December 11, 2008

Castle Hill and Nashi Pears :D

Well, had a major chillout in the aircon all day after work. In the evening went for a run up Castle Hill's goat-track (although I believe the official name is the Cutheringa track). I couldn't even run all the way up the stairs at the end (someone told me once that there are like 300steps, which isn't too bad except that they're mostly made out of local granite, and come in heights varying from 30cm to about 90cm, taxing on the legs :S), which is an issue for me, seeing as I was hardcore into that hill only a year ago :(....ah well, that's what numerous running injuries, uni and work do to your fitness haha...

After the Hill (Thanks Leonie for taking Fred and I :)), Fred and I did our fortnightly groceries shopping. Now, this is usually a load of fun and brillo-wow feelings for me (and why not? I'm filling up my empty house with fooooooooooood lol). But as I watched the price go up and up and up while the guy at the register beeped our stuff through, I started to wonder "hmmmmm, did we buy something we don't usually get? Or did we just get more of it? *ponder*"...And I still can't answer that.
Anyway, I digress. Now I have Nashi pears!!!!!!!!! Not only do I looooooooooove Nashi fruit for it's taste, texture, crispness when you bite into it, and juiciness, but it's also always a scream watching the person at the cash register pick the bag of them up, look intently at them, get this "wtf?" face, and then turn and ask us "um.....what is this?". That's right, Nashi pears aren't the most popular food here, probably because they have to be imported, and the price is therefore the same/if not higher than other, more traditional fruit such as pears, peaches, nectarines e.t.c......But I love 'em all the same ;)

So that's it for today's scoop (and what an empty scoop it was :O). I get to sleep in big-time tomorrow, so it'll be a late one, investigating more about the JET programme probably :).

Happy days

No comments: